Man angry with Popeyes drive-thru, threatens employee with Machete
OGDEN, Utah— A man will likely face charges of aggravated assault after threatening a Popeyes employee with a machete and chasing another person through a Walmart parking lot with a machete.
The man was identified as Greg Morris according to court documents. After getting in an argument at the drive-thru window, Morris was told by the employee that he would not be served.
The employee said Morris was upset and cut several people off to get to the drive-thru. When the employee closed the window, they said that Morris then came around to the front doors holding a large machete.
Morris told police he had attempted to enter the front doors but found that they were locked. Morris denied threatening anyone or having the machete with him.
The victim stated they were “fearful enough to run past customers inside and lock the door to keep him from coming in, believing he would harm someone if he was able to get inside,” according to court documents.
When police interviewed the person who called in the complaint about Morris, who stated he witnessed Morris waving his machete at other vehicles in the lanes next to him as he drove before he pulled into Popeyes drive-thru.
Morris was pulled over by police a short time after and a machete was found in his vehicle.
He was questioned by police about the Popeyes incident and another incident of a person chased through a Walmart parking lot with a machete that occurred just prior.
Morris faces a charge of suspected aggravated assault.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)