One injured in shooting at Draper home; suspect in custody
DRAPER, Utah — Police say one person has been taken into custody and one woman was hospitalized after a shooting in Draper late Wednesday night.
Lt. Dustin Willie with the Draper Police Department said officers responded to the area of 580 East Drapers Woods Way after neighbors said they heard five to six gunshots, followed by a woman screaming.
Officers said they located broken glass, property damage and shell casings after they arrived at the home, but the suspect had fled the scene.
The victim, who was identified as a middle-aged woman, suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot in the leg with a handgun. She was treated and released from an area hospital, according to Willie.
Police said the suspect, John Warr, was taken into custody Thursday morning.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)