One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — One person died in a crash that temporarily closed all southbound lanes on Bangerter Highway Friday morning.
Officials with the West Valley City Police Department said a passenger car that was traveling north on Bangerter crossed into southbound traffic and struck a box truck head-on.
The car’s driver, who was later by police identified as 19-year-old Riley Larsen, of Herriman, was killed instantly in the crash.
The driver of the box truck was uninjured, police said.
The crash occurred near 2400 South, just south of Bangerter Highway’s junction with state Route 201.
Southbound traffic was being diverted onto the 201 frontage road while investigators were on scene.
No cause for the crash has been given and southbound Bangerter Highway reopened around noon Friday.
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 39963)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 16046)
- Man fatally shot on front porch in Springville, suspect identified at police department (pageviews: 5000)
- Man flown to hospital in South Jordan skydiving accident (pageviews: 4516)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3789)
- Two dead, three hospitalized after a North Ogden pursuit (pageviews: 3736)