Meals on Wheels looking for workers, volunteers in Utah County
OREM, Utah — An organization that helps the most vulnerable is finding themselves needing some assistance.
On Friday, Meals on Wheels in Utah County had to start a wait list for the first time 2008.
650 people daily get meals plus the deliveries to 450 seniors just in Utah County. They haven’t missed a day of delivery, but they really need help.
“Paid driver help and we also need volunteers,” Stephanie Benson with the organization said. “We have had incredible volunteers from the start of the pandemic just jump in but now they’re getting sick.”
The location is looking to hire two full-time drivers and fill over two dozen volunteer positions.
You can find ways to volunteer by visiting their website at www.mountainland.org/meals.
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 39963)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 16046)
- Man fatally shot on front porch in Springville, suspect identified at police department (pageviews: 5000)
- Man flown to hospital in South Jordan skydiving accident (pageviews: 4516)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3789)
- Two dead, three hospitalized after a North Ogden pursuit (pageviews: 3736)