Utahns March for Life at Utah State Capitol
SALT LAKE CITY — Pro-life leaders and advocates gathered at the Utah State Capitol Saturday morning to march against abortion.
Event organizers claimed attendance at the March for Life, which was held in solidarity with other pro-life events happening around the country, was in the thousands.
Nick Vujicic, a world-famous public speaker who was born without arms or legs, was the keynote speaker.
According to March organizers, approximately 3,000 Utah fetuses are lost to abortion each year.
Participants were invited to wear a badge with a baby’s name on it as they marched in their honor.
Pro-life flags and other merchandise were available for purchase, with all proceeds going directly to the Life Grant program.
Saturday’s event was held on the 49th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision.
According to the Associated Press, state legislatures are already starting to battle over the future of abortion after the Supreme Court signaled it was ready to make changes.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)