Pedestrian dies from injuries sustained in crash with semi-truck
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — One person has died following an auto-pedestrian crash on Interstate 80 in Tooele County.
The incident happened near mile post 11 just after 10:30 p.m. Friday.
Officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety said a semi-truck, which was pulling three trailers, was traveling westbound on I-80 when it struck a pedestrian in the number two lane.
The individual was flown to an area hospital in critical condition.
“A vehicle, that is believed to belong to the pedestrian, was located about a 1/4 mile east of the incident, parked in the emergency lane,” read a press release from DPS.
Officials said the pedestrian had a skateboard and a phone with the GPS active, routing him to exit 4.
“It is believed that the pedestrian’s vehicle had a mechanical issue or ran out of fuel,” the release stated.
DPS officials said the pedestrian passed away from his injuries Saturday morning.
The man’s identity has not been released.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)