Super Bowl LVI on KSL TV
SALT LAKE CITY — Super Bowl LVI returns to KSL TV on Feb. 13 as the Los Angeles Rams host the Cincinnati Bengals.
The AFC North champion Bengals defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 30-27 on an overtime field goal while the Rams defeated NFC West rival San Francisco 20-17.
Orem High School alumnus and former University of Utah kicker Matt Gay’s 30-yard field goal gave the Rams the lead with less than five minutes to play before an interception sealed the win.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) January 31, 2022
This will be the Bengals’ first super bowl appearance since 1989; Cincinnati lost both Super Bowl XVI (1982) and XXIII to the San Francisco 49ers.
The Rams have played in two super bowls — XXIV (1980) and LIII (2019) — as the Los Angeles Rams but lost both. The St. Louis Rams won Super Bowl XXXIV (2000) over the Tennessee Titans and lost Super Bowl XXXVI (2002) to Tampa Bay.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)