Bike Utah’s summit set for April
LAYTON, Utah — Bike Utah’s annual summit is set for April 19 at the Davis Convention Center. The gathering brings local and national experts together to share perspectives. The summit’s primary focus centers around accessibility, equity and safety. Community development, including safe roads and trail systems for bike commuters of all levels and socio-economic status, will also be discussed.
“This year’s summit will include traditional cycling discussions and activities as well as a social justice lens, giving mind to how some urban planning concepts directly impact or exacerbate mental health concerns,” said Bike Utah executive director Jenn Oxborrow. “By working collaboratively with partners—from planning to first response to education and mental health—we are better able to build and maintain safe spaces for everyone to ride.”
Robin Mazumder is the keynote speaker for the summit. A variety of breakout sessions and a social (family friendly) are also scheduled. For more information: bikeutah.org/summit.
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 39963)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 16046)
- Man fatally shot on front porch in Springville, suspect identified at police department (pageviews: 5000)
- Man flown to hospital in South Jordan skydiving accident (pageviews: 4516)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3789)
- Two dead, three hospitalized after a North Ogden pursuit (pageviews: 3736)