Bike Utah’s summit set for April
LAYTON, Utah — Bike Utah’s annual summit is set for April 19 at the Davis Convention Center. The gathering brings local and national experts together to share perspectives. The summit’s primary focus centers around accessibility, equity and safety. Community development, including safe roads and trail systems for bike commuters of all levels and socio-economic status, will also be discussed.
“This year’s summit will include traditional cycling discussions and activities as well as a social justice lens, giving mind to how some urban planning concepts directly impact or exacerbate mental health concerns,” said Bike Utah executive director Jenn Oxborrow. “By working collaboratively with partners—from planning to first response to education and mental health—we are better able to build and maintain safe spaces for everyone to ride.”
Robin Mazumder is the keynote speaker for the summit. A variety of breakout sessions and a social (family friendly) are also scheduled. For more information: bikeutah.org/summit.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)