SLC police investigating after one killed in crash
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed after being hit by at least two vehicles in a Salt Lake City intersection, marking the city’s first traffic-related fatality of 2022.
The man was identified as 53-year-old Juan Hernandez on Feb. 2, 2022.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said the crash happened at the intersection of 800 South and 900 West before 7 a.m. Friday.
Police said they began to offer life-saving efforts after they located the victim, an adult male, but he died on scene. Both drivers remained at the scene and were cooperating with police, who said no arrests were made.
No cause for the crash has been given, and police have not released the victim’s name or age.
Crews temporarily closed 800 South between 900 West and Jeremy Street while investigators were on scene. All road closures were lifted by 11 a.m.
Anyone with additional information about the crash should call 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 22–16425.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)