Three police vehicles damaged in Salt Lake County chase
SALT LAKE COUNTY — Three police cars were damaged late Saturday night in a chase that began in Millcreek and ended in Salt Lake City.
Det. Arlen Bennett with the Unified Police Department told KSL the chase began around 10:40 p.m. after an officer conducted a traffic stop and identified the two passengers inside the vehicle.
“The male passenger wanted to flee, so he pushed the female aside and took off in the car,” Bennett said.
A chase then ensued as the driver took officers from Millcreek and up into Salt Lake City.
Along the way, Bennett said the man crashed into three vehicles — two UPD cars and a Salt Lake City police car.
“Two UPD cars he hit, not too much damage, but the Salt Lake City car was damaged pretty well,” Bennett said.
Fortunately, no injuries were reported.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)