Driver taken into custody after fleeing from traffic stop in West Jordan
WEST JORDAN, Utah — One person was taken into custody Sunday night after police say a driver fled during a traffic stop in West Jordan.
The incident happened near 7000 South and Bangerter Highway around 8 p.m.
Lt. Morgan Andrus with the West Jordan Police Department said an officer noticed the vehicle swerving back and forth, and when he tried to pull the driver over, the man took off.
The driver eventually pulled over, according to Andrus, but he wouldn’t get out of the car.
Both directions of Bangerter Highway were shut down for a period of time while police assessed the situation.
Driver Alert: Police Incident on Bangerter Hwy at 7000 S. Southbound is closed at 6200 S and NB is closed at 7000 S (MP14) in West Jordan. Use an alternate route. For updates check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze @UtahTrucking @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 31, 2022
Andrus said they were able to get the suspect on the phone and he finally surrendered.
Fortunately, no injuries or crashes were reported.
The man, who was the only occupant in the vehicle, has since been taken into custody, according to Andrus.
His identity has not been released.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)