Utah House unanimously passes bill offering free period products in schools
SALT LAKE CITY— The Utah House of Representatives unanimously passed a bill that would provide free period products in schools.
The bill, HB 162, is sponsored by Rep. Karianne Lisonbee and requires local school boards and charter school governing boards to do the following:
- provide period products in certain restrooms within all school facilities
- provide certain information to students
- incorporate the provision of period products in ongoing capital operations and maintenance budgets by a certain date
NOW: Utah House unanimously passes HB 162 that would provide free period products in schools.
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) February 1, 2022
The bill now goes to the Senate for consideration.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)