In touching tribute, new police K-9 named after fallen officer
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — South Salt Lake Police Department welcomed their newest member to the department this week, K-9 “Drom,” and it has particular special meaning to the department. Drom is named after SSLPD Officer David Romrell who was killed in the line of duty while investigating a burglary in 2018.
According to SSLPD PIO Danielle Croyle, having a K9 officer named for Officer Romrell is “a really special thing for the force.”
Drom is a German Shepherd/Belgian Malinois mix and was imported from Slovakia.
Drom has gone through over 350 hours of training with his handler who he’ll live with and “become part of the handler’s family.”
Croyle said they’re super excited to have K9 Drom on the force after months of training and certification with POST.
SSLPD has had a gap in their K9 program after their last dog retired.
“It’s nice to have our K9 team up and running again … to address those concerns that they’re best at,” SSLPD said.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)