West Davis highway updates
FARMINGTON, Utah —Davis County commuters and others will face a variety of challenges in the coming weeks. Various projects and upgrades call for advance planning in many cases.
UDOT’s new West Davis highway is a divided four-lane project currently under construction from the I-15/Legacy Parkway junction in Farmington and the future extension to S.R. 193 in West Point. It’ll create freeway-style interchanges in Farmington, Kaysville, Layton and Syracuse. The West Davis project will also include 10 miles of new trail, eventually connecting Emigration Trail to Legacy Parkway.
— DENVER AND RIO GRADE TRAIL (Farmington): A. temporary paved bypass between Glovers Lane and 1350 South was installed in January. It won’t be available, however, until later this month. Pike driving activities on the trail is also scheduled to start soon.
— 650 WEST (Farmington): A new sewer line is being installed Feb. 9-March 4. No lane closures are planned, but truck traffic will be increased.
— EAST FRONTAGE ROAD (Centerville, Farmington): Steel sheet pile driving is under way between 1470 South and 1600 South. Besides the retaining walls for a future highway, regular pile driving on the road is set to begin Feb. 16 and continue until late in the month. Project trucks will be entering along East Frontage Road at 1470 South and exiting at 1700 South. Flagging operations will be in place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
— ANTELOPE DRIVE (Syracuse): Rocky Mountain Power is relocated power poles along the road for the next month. Specific traffic patterns will be announced Specific traffic impacts will be announced when the projects is ready to start. After the power is moved, irrigation line work is scheduled between 2000 West and 2500 West through early March. Traffic will be shifted to north of Antelope Drive.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)