Man killed in West Jordan rollover
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A 29-year-old man has died after a rollover crash in West Jordan.
The incident happened near 7800 South and Mountain View Corridor around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Officer Sam Winkler with the West Jordan Police Department said the driver lost control of his pickup truck and went into the median, then the vehicle rolled.
The driver was not wearing a seat belt, according to Winkler, and was ejected from the vehicle.
EMS attempted life-saving measures, but the 29-year-old from Kearns died at the scene.
Winkler said police are investigating speed and possible DUI as factors in the crash.
“We can’t emphasize seat belts enough,” Winkler said. “You have a far better chance of surviving a crash if you can stay inside the vehicle rather than being thrown out, so we always want people to wear a seatbelt.”
The victim was identified Monday as Leoncio Romero-Gonzales.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)