One killed in semi rollover crash north of Vernal
VERNAL, Utah — One person is dead after a semi-truck rolled on U.S. Highway 191 in Uintah County.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the crash happened Monday morning as the truck attempted to navigate switchbacks on the highway, about 11 miles north of Vernal.
The driver was ejected as the semi-truck rolled and landed upside down off the highway, according to Roden.
The truck’s cargo, a 43′ steel pipe, blocked U.S. 191 for over two hours until the Utah Department of Transportation removed the pipe with heavy equipment.
The crash is under investigation and Roden said no other vehicle or people were involved. The driver’s name was not released but state troopers said he was from Texas.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)