SLC police investigating after one seriously injured in crash
SALT LAKE CITY — Officers are investigating after a 37-year-old man was seriously injured in a crash Tuesday morning.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said crews responded to the area of 5200 West Amelia Earhart Dr. around 2:45 a.m. after receiving reports of a man who was hit by a vehicle.
Officers arrived, located the victim on the roadway with multiple serious head injuries and began to assess his injuries and perform emergency first aid.
Police said the victim was transported to a local hospital in serious but stable condition.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the scene and was cooperating with investigators, who said they did not observe any signs of driver impairment.
Officials said that based on the preliminary investigation, it appears the victim was walking in the lane of travel when he was struck.
Anyone with additional information about this crash should call 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 22–23333.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)