Police: Suspect in custody after multiple hit-and-runs, rollover crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A 31-year-old man has been taken into custody after police said he stole multiple vehicles and crashed near 1300 South and Interstate 15.
According to Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department, officers responded to a reported hit-and-run in Millcreek around 10:20 a.m. Tuesday.
Police located the suspect, later identified as Jesse Ulibarri, in a vehicle that matched the car from the hit-and-run.
Cutler said officers made contact with Ulibarri and a scuffle ensued, and Ulibarri fled the scene on foot. Another officer located Ulibarri in the area of 5000 South & Arbor Lane, but Culter said Ulibarri took a vehicle from a nearby construction site and rammed a police car before leaving the area.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) February 8, 2022
The stolen truck had a tracking device in it, so police did not pursue Ulibarri at that time.
Culter said Ulibarri was then located in Taylorsville and a short pursuit began before Ulibarri crashed and rolled the truck on 1300 South near I-15.
Ulibarri then fled on foot but was taken into custody. He will be booked into jail after he receives treatment for injuries he sustained in the rollover crash, according to police.
The Utah Highway Patrol, Salt Lake City Police Department, Cottonwood Heights Police Department and Unified Police Department responded to the incident.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)