Utah celebrates 20th anniversary of 2002 Winter Olympics with cauldron lighting
SALT LAKE CITY — Tuesday marked the 20-year anniversary of the opening ceremony for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. To celebrate the occasion, the Olympic cauldron at Rice-Eccles Stadium was lit during a special ceremony.
Gov. Spencer Cox, Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall and Fraser Bullock spoke at the event.
— Deanie Wimmer (@DeanieWimmer) February 8, 2022
Additional attendees included 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games athletes, as well as current youth athletes representing the Children of Light, a theme from the 2002 opening and closing ceremonies.
The cauldron will remain lit from Feb. 8 through Feb. 12.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)