Church announces limited in-person attendance, women’s session for April General Conference
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced it will hold its annual general conference with limited in-person attendance and a women’s session on Saturday, April 2.
The First Presidency on Friday announced the conference will be held on April 2 and 3 in a letter sent to Church members around the world.
In addition to general sessions on Saturday and Sunday, Church leaders invited all women and young women, including those who turn 12 in 2022, to a “Women’s Session of General Conference,” which will be held Saturday evening.
“In-person attendance at the general conference sessions will be limited due to the extensive construction taking place on and around Temple Square; however, a limited number of tickets will be distributed to stakes and districts in the United States and Canada,” the letter from The First Presidency read. “Decisions about gathering to watch general conference in meetinghouses will be left to the discretion of local leaders.”
October’s general conference featured a semblance of normalcy as sessions returned to the Conference Center’s main, 21,000-seat auditorium.
A small audience attended sessions in-person and half of the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square performed live.
“General conference provides an opportunity to receive personal revelation as living prophets and other general Church leaders give counsel and direction,” The First Presidency said. “We encourage members to listen to, study and apply the counsel given.”
Sessions of the 192nd Annual General Conference can be viewed live on KSL TV, the KSL TV website or the KSL TV app.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)