Hill AFB F-35 will be in first-of-its-kind Super Bowl flyover Sunday
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah — An F-35 from Hill Air Force Base will make an appearance at the Super Bowl this Sunday representing the Air Force and its 75 years of service during the National Anthem.
According to a release from the Hill Air Force Base, the flyover will be the “first-of-its-kind.“
Major Kristin “BEO” Wolfe will pilot the F-35.
“It’s extremely unique to have five of those dissimilar airplanes, one of those being a World War II airplane who is leading the formation,” Wolfe said.
She leads the F-35 Lightning demonstration team and will fly just behind the WWII P-51 Mustang. The formation will be quite different from what she does in air shows around the country.
“Just to see all those airplanes flying together in one piece of sky is really awesome,” she said.
It will show off the Air Force heritage with the other planes that include an A-10C Thunderbolt II, an F-16, and an F-22 Raptor.
“This will be a unique opportunity for us to, you know, try to make that come together and look good as we’ve got five dissimilar airplanes in the same piece of sky, flying in a unique formation,” she said.
Wolfe added it won’t be a difficult maneuver. The bigger job is just getting everyone to Los Angeles ready to go for the big event.
Wolfe has flown all over the country and internationally but Sunday’s flight will be one to remember.
“I’m sure it will be at the top of the list as far as some of the unique, rewarding opportunities that we get to do,” she explained.
It’s a chance not only to show off Air Force history but to fulfill her mission as part of a demonstration team that shows what the Air Force has to offer.
She said, “That is our number one job.”
The Super Bowl pregame coverage begins at 11:00 a.m. and the game at 4:30 p.m. on KSL TV.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)