Arrest made in SLC assault investigation
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say they have made an arrest after an apparently random attack left a woman in critical condition in her home.
The attack occurred last Sunday evening, February 6 at 850 South West Temple in Salt Lake City, police say they responded to the scene about 5 p.m.
Salt Lake City Police Department said in a press release Saturday morning that the victim’s throat was cut after she let the suspect into her home to shower, she described him to police as homeless.
SLCPD has not released the identity of the victim.
Through their investigation, SLCPD identified 30-year-old Eric Jones as the suspect.
Early Friday morning SLCPD patrol officers located Jones near 130 South 500 East. He has since been booked into Salt Lake County Metro Jail on one count of aggravated assault, according to the release.
SLCPD says detectives are continuing their investigation.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)