Police investigating after body found in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating after a body was found on the side of a road in Salt Lake City.
The woman’s body was found in the area of 1700 West and 200 South Monday night.
We are investigating a suspicious death near 1715 W. 200 S.
Homicide detectives are on scene.
There is no apparent risk to our community.
A PIO is on scene. Media can stage on 200 S.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) February 15, 2022
Police told KSL TV they do not believe the victim jumped from the nearby bridge as her body is too far away from it.
Brent Weisberg, spokesperson for the Salt Lake City Police Department, said homicide detectives have been dispatched to conduct an on scene investigation.
“There is no apparent risk to our community,” read a tweet from SLCPD.
Additional details were not immediately available.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)