Police reveal 6 suspects in 2019 homicide of Kathryn Leavitt
SALT LAKE CITY— Police are looking for six suspects in the death of 27-year-old Kathryn Blaire Leavitt, they revealed in a press conference Tuesday.
Leavitt was found shot dead in an apartment at 1211 N. Redwood Road on July 27, 2019 after officers responded to a call of a burglary in process. While en route, officers were told shots had been fired.
The press release states, “SLCPD Homicide Detectives responded to the scene and began conducting a thorough investigation, which resulted in detectives learning the identities of six suspects in the murder of Ms. Leavitt and the obstruction of justice that has occurred since her death.”
The six suspects were identified as the following: 26-year-old Katoa Pahulu, 36-year-old Lachelle Fiefia, 26-year-old Mapilivai Laulea, 22-year-old Sunia Cavazos, 37-year-old Tevita Kofutua, and 41-year-old Timote Fonua.
SLCPD Captain Victor Siebeneck said, “It’s time you come forward. You’ve been running from justice for too long. This is your chance to set the record straight – to tell us what happened and to be the one who does the right thing and to tell us who killed Ms. Leavitt.”
Leavitt was a member of Utah’s Pacific Islander Community and the community has fought for justice in her case since 2019.
Anyone with information on this case should call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 19-137096.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)