Fatal crash leaves one dead in Payson
PAYSON, Utah—One man is dead on I-15 northbound after he lost control of the car he was driving and crashed according to Utah Highway Patrol.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with UHP said the crash ocurred at I-15 northbound near milepost 248 which is 800 South in Payson. The vehicle was a dump truck loaded with boulders and witnesses reported that the truck lost control after blowing a tire and went off the road into the guardrail. From there, the truck spun and rolled onto its side where it caught fire and was fully engulfed.
The driver, an adult male, was the only occupant and was declared dead on scene.
The right lane is currently closed as well as the on-ramp at 800 south. Roden said they will reopen shortly.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)