Fatal crash leaves one dead in Payson
PAYSON, Utah—One man is dead on I-15 northbound after he lost control of the car he was driving and crashed according to Utah Highway Patrol.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with UHP said the crash ocurred at I-15 northbound near milepost 248 which is 800 South in Payson. The vehicle was a dump truck loaded with boulders and witnesses reported that the truck lost control after blowing a tire and went off the road into the guardrail. From there, the truck spun and rolled onto its side where it caught fire and was fully engulfed.
The driver, an adult male, was the only occupant and was declared dead on scene.
The right lane is currently closed as well as the on-ramp at 800 south. Roden said they will reopen shortly.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)