17 charged with drug trafficking and money laundering
ST. GEORGE, Utah—Newly unsealed court documents reveal charges against 17 individuals for their roles in allegedly distributing multiple illegal drugs in Washington County.
The unsealed 24 count indictment issued by a grand jury in the District of Utah were a result of an extensive law enforcement cooperation and investigation within the St. George area. Officers seized more than three kilograms of methamphetamine and thousands of fentanyl pills.
According to a release from the Department of Justice, “Using court-authorized investigative techniques, law enforcement learned that Angel Rubio-Quintana, along with co-conspirators, allegedly ordered narcotics from individuals in Mexico, distributed the narcotics in the local community, and sent drug proceeds from Utah to Mexico.”
The charges were a result of coordinated efforts by the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) operations conducted by the Washington County Drug Task Force, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the Internal Revenue Service’s Criminal Investigation Division (IRS), and the United States Marshals Service.
“The United States Attorney’s Office is committed to federally prosecuting drug traffickers who fuel addiction and crime in Southern Utah,” said United States Attorney Andrea T. Martinez. “This prosecution highlights law enforcement’s tireless efforts to dismantle drug-trafficking organizations from suppliers in Mexico to drug dealers in St. George. We will continue to vigorously prosecute those who traffic narcotics in our communities.”
The charges were announced Friday by United States Attorney for the District of Utah Andrea T. Martinez along with others.
The indictment charges 17 individuals with 24 federal counts, including conspiracy to distribute fentanyl, methamphetamine, and marijuana; conspiracy to launder money; distribution of fentanyl and methamphetamine; possession of fentanyl and methamphetamine with intent to distribute; and unlawful reentry of a previously removed alien according to the release.
The following are charged in the indictment:
· Angel Rubio-Quintana, 41, of St. George
· Ramon Higuera-Cota, 49, of Sinaloa, Mexico
· Presciliano Galax-Felix, aka “Chito,” 54, of Sinaloa, Mexico
· Jaime Rivera-Jauregui, aka “Charras,” 35, of St. George
· Carlos Rubio-Acosta, 19, of St. George
· Lauro Ignacio-Morales, aka “Junior,” 20, of St. George
· Llonatan Gutierrez-Ruiz, aka “Barbas,” 59, of St. George
· Alfreida Simpson, 38, of St. George
· Tanya Adame, 19, of St. George
· Raul Valdez-Chavez, 62, of Riverside County, California
· Juana Marin-Angel, 34, of West Jordan
· Daniel Tena-Villasenor, 28, of Jerome
· Tracy Eyman, 52, of Diamond Valley
· Juan Carlos Orozco, 40, of St. George
· Paul Ciriaco, 33. of St. George
· Oliver Mendez-Rojas, aka “Willy,” 21, of St. George
· Hardet Alan Valdez, aka “Moshi,” 20, of St. George, Utah
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)