One dead, four injured after pickup hits elk on I-70
EMERY COUNTY, Utah – A single vehicle collision with several elk on westbound I-70 near Fremont Junction left one occupant dead and several injured.
Utah Highway Patrol reports they responded to the scene about 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
UHP said the pickup truck involved had five occupants when it struck several elk, left the roadway and rolled.
One individual was ejected from the truck and died on scene, troopers said.
Two medical helicopters responded to transport two occupants to a hospital, UHP said, those occupants were in critical condition.
Two other passengers were transported by ambulance to area hospitals.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)