Police investigating after man seriously injured in SLC shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — A man was seriously injured Saturday afternoon after a shooting occurred in Salt Lake City.
The incident happened near 25 North Redwood Road around 5:30 p.m.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said the victim was located inside a vehicle with a shooting-related injury, then was transported to an area hospital in serious condition.
About an hour after the SLCPD released this information, they shared an update about the victim on social media.
“The victim has been released from the hospital. Doctors confirm the victim’s injuries, reported initially as ‘shooting-related,’ were caused by cuts sustained from glass breaking during the shooting. The victim did not have any gunshot wounds,” read their tweet.
Update: The victim has been released from the hospital. Doctors confirm the victim’s injuries, reported initially as “shooting-related,” were caused by cuts sustained from glass breaking during the shooting. The victim did not have any gunshot wounds. #slc #SaltLakeCity #slcpd
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) February 20, 2022
According to the SLCPD’s press release, there are two crime scenes associated with the shooting — “one at North Temple and North Cornell and the other at 1530 West North Temple.”
Police said they’re in the early stages of the investigation and are working to determine what led up to the shooting.
“Based on the preliminary investigation, it appears the suspect, or suspects, shot from a vehicle while the victim was also in his vehicle,” the release stated.
After the shooting, the suspect or suspects took off in their vehicle, according to police.
A description of the suspect has not been released at this time.
Anyone with information about the incident, including anybody who has photos or videos, has been asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-31030.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)