Young man hit by vehicle on I-215
SALT LAKE CITY — A young man was taken to the hospital Saturday night after authorities say he was struck by a car on Interstate 215.
The incident happened on southbound I-215 East, near 4500 South, around 9 p.m.
Officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety said Utah Highway Patrol troopers were dispatched to the area after a juvenile male pedestrian was hit by a single vehicle.
The boy was transported to a local hospital in critical condition, and southbound lanes were closed for some time as police cleared the scene.
I-215 E SB is closed at 4500 S while troopers investigate a crash. Please abound the area and be prepared to find an alternate route. pic.twitter.com/79vQwudH2Y
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) February 20, 2022
Additional details, including an update on the victim’s condition, were not immediately available.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)