One killed in wrong-way crash that closed I-15 in Davis County
NORTH SALT LAKE — A fatal, wrong-way crash on Interstate 15 caused major delays in Davis County Sunday night.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol posted on social media around 7:30 p.m. saying troopers were on the scene of the crash at milepost 315 in North Salt Lake.
Troopers closed northbound I-15 and eastbound I-215 North while emergency crews were on scene.
Authorities said the wrong-way vehicle, a green Chrysler, struck a motorcycle near Center Street in North Salt Lake, swerved to the right out of the HOV lane and struck a white Ford Fusion. The Chrysler then spun around and was hit by a blue Kia.
Troopers said the motorcyclist was killed in the crash while the wrong-way driver was taken to an area hospital with critical, life-threatening injuries.
Three occupants in the other two vehicles were also injured in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation and crews reopened all lanes of I-15 and I-215 Monday morning.
Investigators were on scene for approximately four-and-a-half hours.
The motorcyclist was identified Monday night as 24-year-old Gregory Workman, of South Weber County.
According to UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden, preliminary reports say Workman was wearing a helmet and protective equipment.
Roden said police are considering impairments in the wrong-way driver that could have caused the crash.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)