Carbon School District cancels Wednesday’s classes
PRICE, Utah — The Carbon School District announced Wednesday’s classes have been canceled due to snow and poor road conditions.
Superintendent Mika Salas said many roads in the area have not been plowed and buses cannot safely transport students.
“We are working hard to ensure that our parking lots and grounds are plowed for tomorrow. Also, our county and city road crews will have time to plow our streets,” Salas said in a statement. “Thank you in advance for making other arrangements today. We understand that it causes an inconvenience with child care.”
Another 1-3″ of snow could fall in the area through Wednesday night, and wind chills could drop temperatures as low as -12 degrees.
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the area and much of Utah through 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)