Troopers hit while helping another vehicle; minor injuries reported
OREM, Utah—Two troopers were hit while in their patrol car while investigating another crash Wednesday morning according to a release from Utah Highway Patrol.
At 11:57 a.m. two UHP troopers were investigating a car crash on Interstate 15 northbound near mile marker 270 along the right shoulder during a snowstorm.
While the troopers were in the patrol car, a pickup truck with a trailer lost control in the icy conditions and slid into the back of the vehicle.
The two troopers were transported with minor vehicles. The driver of the car in the first crash was sitting in the back of the patrol car at the time of the crash but had no injuries. The driver of the pickup truck also reported no injuries.
The release states the patrol car sustained heavy back-end damage and Orem Police investigated the crash.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)