Cedar City tire slasher causes $9,000 in damage
CEDAR CITY, Utah— A man was arrested after slashing multiple car tires of law enforcement and city officer vehicles in Cedar City Wednesday.
According to court documents, Wednesday morning Cedar City Police heard about some criminal mischief in the city parking structure and found that multiple patrol cars, Cedar City Corporation vehicles, and some Iron County vehicles had their tires slashed.
Police requested the public’s help to gather any information about the crime and received a call from a mother who told police she had dropped off her son, Isaac Halstead at the parking structure earlier that day. The mother told police Halstead said he was going to “start a war with the government.”
Police located Halstead and detained him to question about the tire slashing. Halstead requested a lawyer.
During the investigation, police became aware of another crime involving Halstead and began to arrest him. During that arrest, court documents stated, “Halstead became combative with Officers. [Halstead] fought six officers during the arrest.”
Halsted then admitted that he was the one that damaged the tires and that he was glad he did it.
The total cost of the tire damages is estimated at $9,000.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)