80-year-old snowmobiler rescued in –16 temperatures
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah – Several agencies teamed up to rescue a man whose snowmobile broke down late Friday night in sub-zero temperatures.
The family of the 80-year-old snowmobiler contacted the Wasatch Dispatch center to let them know his ride broke down and he was going to walk out of the area near Strawberry River.
His family started their own search but could not find the man who was not identified by rescue crews.
The dispatch center sent out three snowmobile teams, the Department of Public Safety helicopter, and EMS.
A news release said it was –16 degrees outside.
Searchers found the man and the DPS helicopter took him to a trailhead to be examined by Wasatch County Fire and EMS.
The entire operation lasted four hours, the release said.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)