Police release name of man found stabbed to death on Bangerter Highway
WEST JORDAN, Utah – West Jordan released the name of a man found stabbed to death Saturday morning along Bangerter Highway.
Police identified the victim as Cesar Adan Martinez, 37 of West Valley City. He recently moved to Salt Lake City, and family members told KSL TV he served four combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army.
Authorities responded to Bangerter Highway near 7800 South around 2:30 a.m. Saturday, according to Deputy Chief Richard Bell with the West Jordan Police Department.
Police said they are still “working tirelessly to bring resolution to this incident.”
Martinez’s pickup truck was still missing. Police asked the public to be on the lookout for a blue 2008 Dodge Dakota with Utah plates E36 6SM. There is a gray camper shell on the four-door truck. A window is broken on the passenger side of the shell.
Investigators believe the truck was most recently seen at a bar or restaurant Friday night. A police news release did not give a name or location for that establishment.
Anyone with information is urged to call West Jordan police at 801-840-4000 and reference case WJ22-9583.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)