Man arrested in Brigham City hit-and-run case
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah — A 67-year-old man has been arrested after police say he was involved in a hit-and-run in Brigham City.
Eddy Garza was booked into the Box Elder County Jail for investigation of failure to remain at the scene of an injury accident, according to Chad Reyes, chief of police with the Brigham City Police Department.
According to the Box Elder News Journal, the incident occurred in front of the 600 South 7-Eleven around 7:20 p.m. Saturday.
“An elderly gentleman was crossing Main Street in front of the store when he was struck in a southbound lane. Instead of stopping to check on the gentleman, the driver took off,” read the post.
Reyes told KSL the victim, a 76-year-old man, sustained “some pretty serious injuries… and he’ll be in the hospital for a while.”
Earlier in the day Sunday, Reyes said the suspect vehicle left some parts behind that police were able to identify through the Ford’s website. That information was then used to track a suspect vehicle nearby.
A few hours later is when Reyes confirmed to KSL that an arrest had been made in the case.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)