Snowbird’s trams get a ‘glow up’ with rooftop balconies
SNOWBIRD, Utah— Snowbird Resort will be getting new trams this summer featuring a rooftop balcony and glass floor panels according to a release from the resort. The new tram will be the first in the United States with a rooftop balcony.
The release stated, “After 50 years of transporting millions of skiers and snowboarders to Snowbird’s 11,000-foot Hidden Peak, the resort’s iconic Aerial Tram will get new Tram cabins this spring. The original Tram cabins have traveled approximately 794,994 miles during their lifetime—the same distance as traveling to the Moon and back over one and a half times.”
Snowbird, in collaboration with The Doppelmayr Group created this upgrade after two years of planning and completed the cabins in Olten, Switzerland, and are on their way to their permanent home in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The new Tram cabins are expected to be fully installed and operational for Snowbird’s summer season this June. They will feature floor-to-ceiling windows, as well as seasonal amenities including a rooftop balcony for foot passengers and three glass floor panels in each cabin.
“As Snowbird celebrates its 50th Anniversary, we are recognizing both our storied past and making a thrilling upgrade to our iconic Aerial Tram,” said Snowbird President and General Manager Dave Fields. “The Tram and Snowbird have provided year-round excitement for five decades, but the new Tram cabins promise to take this excitement to a whole new level.”
The rooftop deck will allow 15 guests to enjoy unobstructed 360-degree views of Peruvian Gulch, Mount Superior and more as an upgrade to summertime scenic Tram rides. The original Tram cabins will take their final rides on April 3, 2022.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)