Teen in critical condition after auto-pedestrian crash
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah— A 13-year-old boy is in critical condition after being hit by a car at the corner of Horizon Dr. and Hummer Dr. in Eagle Mountain according to Utah County Police.
Police said the boy was on a scooter traveling west and rolled a stop sign when he was struck by a female driver heading southbound. He was impacted by the left side of her car and thrown about 80-90 feet.
@UCSO is investigating an auto vs. pedestrian crash in @eaglemtncity. A young teenage boy was on a scooter and may have ridden through a stop sign without stopping. The teen is in critical condition and was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Horizon Dr & Hummer Dr. pic.twitter.com/zTa9Vpg9Zx
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) March 3, 2022
A medical helicopter responded, but they initially couldn’t get the boy stable enough to fly him. Police said he has since been flown to Primary Children’s Hospital where he remains in critical condition.
According to Sgt. Cannon said that the crash does not appear to be negligence on the female driver and no charges are expected.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)