One person killed, another seriously injured in crash north of Moab
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — A 66-year-old man was killed in a crash between a Jeep Wrangler and a semi-truck on U.S. Highway 191 in Grand County.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the crash happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday at milepost 151 — approximately 23 miles north of Moab or 6 miles south of Interstate 70.
Both Directions US 191 at MP 151 (6 miles S of I-70 Jct) Grand Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 11:05 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) March 3, 2022
The Jeep was traveling south on U.S. 191 when it crossed over the center yellow line and struck a semi-truck in the northbound lanes.
Roden said the Jeep’s driver died on scene while a 38-year-old woman was taken to an area hospital in serious condition.
Troopers said the semi-truck’s driver was treated for minor injuries and was released at the scene of the crash.
The crash is under investigation and officials did not release the victim’s identity. Lanes on U.S. 191 were closed for approximately 2.5 hours while emergency crews were on scene.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)