Two injured after altercation at Roy party
ROY, Utah — Two males were injured early Sunday morning during a large party with a number of juveniles in Roy.
The incident happened in the area of 2350 West and 4350 South around 2 a.m.
Matt Gwynn, chief of police with the Roy City Police Department, told KSL that a party attendee called officers and reported that a male may have been shot in the face.
After officers arrived on scene, they found a victim with face wounds, but they were consistent with a physical fight and not a gunshot wound, according to Gwynn.
Police later found out there was another male involved in the incident who was transported to the hospital in a private vehicle. Gwynn said he had a gunshot wound to the lower left abdomen, but it was a graze from a bullet.
At this time, no one has been taken into custody.
Gwynn said officers did find casings at the scene, but he was unsure how many were discovered.
Additional details about the incident were not immediately available.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)