Utah man safe after being buried in avalanche
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — A 44-year-old man is uninjured after being buried in an avalanche in the Uinta Mountains according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
Summit County Search and Rescue teams were dispatched to an avalanche burial in the Uinta Mountains near Whitney Reservoir around 1:40 p.m. Monday.
On March 7 at 1:40pm we received report of an #avalanche with a burial near Whitney Reservoir. Luckily, the 44yo Morgan, UT man was quickly dug out and refused LifeFlight services. We are glad he is okay. Be safe in the backcountry and check avalanche warnings! #summitcounty pic.twitter.com/qibyHinUm9
— Sheriff Justin (@SummitCountySO) March 8, 2022
The man was quickly dug out and refused medical helicopter services, according to deputies.
Summit County Sheriff Justin Martinez reminded Utahns to be safe in the backcountry and check avalanche warnings — the Utah Avalanche Center said conditions will be dangerous as a winter storm approaches Utah Tuesday evening.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)