Romney calls for POTUS and NATO allies to send aircraft and defense systems to Ukraine
WASHINGTON — Sens. Mitt Romney and Joni Ernst and other colleagues called on President Biden and NATO allies to send MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine in a press conference Thursday.
“I want to underscore the feelings in my heart and the feelings of every person I know in this great country of affection and concern and hope for the people of Ukraine, and admiration of President Zelenskyy in his effort to lead the world. He has asked us for aircraft — specifically MiGs. We need to get him those MiGs. It is a bipartisan message — not just us.”
Romney referenced the hearing Thursday morning with the Foreign Relations Committee saying that democrats are saying the same thing: send these MiGs.
“Enough talk. People are dying. Send them the planes that they need. They say they need MiGs. People say, well maybe that’s not the ideal weapon for them,” Romney said. “That is what they say they want. They are there. They have the eyes to determine what they want. They want MiGs. Get them the MiGs.”
Romney invoked for the MiGs to be sent quickly or for the administration to explain themselves for not sending the fighter jets.
“We’ve had hearing after hearing, both at a classified and non-classified setting, asking why they haven’t gotten the MiGs out, and they say, well this is something we’re talking about, we’re working with people on this,” Romney said. “Enough talk. Tell us what the problem is, and let’s get the job done so that we can save lives in Ukraine and defend the cause of freedom.”
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)