Utah County Sheriff Search and Rescue save two women stranded for 10 hours
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — Two hikers are safe this weekend after being rescued from Big Baldy in Pleasant Grove.
“The women were stuck waist deep in snow, cold and exhausted,” read a Facebook post Saturday morning from Utah County Sheriff Search and Rescue.
Officials said the two had been on the mountain in those freezing conditions for more than 10 hours.
These women were on the mountain in these conditions for over ten hours!
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) March 12, 2022
One search and rescue team hiked, while another team went out on snowmobiles.
“With help from some nearby trail runners, teams were able to reach the hikers, treat for hypothermia and escort the women down the mountain,” stated the post.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)