Utah hockey team fans flood ice with donated stuffed animals
VERNAL, Utah – Hockey players normally have the reputation for being bruisers who love to fight and show off their toothless grins, but Sunday night players and fans from a newly formed hockey league pulled off a teddy bear collection event in Vernal.
The Vernal Oilers are part of the Can-Am Junior Hockey League.
Organizers formed the league in January. It includes the club from Vernal and five others from Alberta, Canada.
Oilers fans warmed the ice with hundreds of stuffed animals that will be donated to some of Utah’s needy.
In a Facebook post, the Oilers said, “Thank you to the Uintah and Duchesne County Sheriffs offices for allowing the Oilers to be part of such a great opportunity.”
The Oilers lost 7-6 to the Vegreville Vipers Sunday.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)