Logan police ask for help locating man in possible kidnapping attempt
LOGAN, Utah — After a man punched and, witnesses say, tried to kidnap a woman, he drove off in a car police are now looking for to identify him.
At 7:50 a.m. Tuesday a witness called 911 to report a man tried to abduct a woman in her 30s at approximately 150 W., 300 South in Logan. The victim was punched in the face after a brief struggle but wasn’t otherwise injured and was not taken to a hospital. She was treated on site for a contusion below her eye.
“There were several witnesses to the assault” Captain Curtis Hooley with the Logan City Police Department said. “We have footage of the suspects’ car and are asking for assistance in identifying this male by way of his car.”
No license plate number was recorded by any witness but police said the vehicle was described as a gray or silver Honda Civic believed to be manufactured between 2005 and 2010.
The man who attempted the possible abduction was said to be wearing black clothing and a face mask but his age, height, weight and ethnicity isn’t currently known.
Police are asking that anyone who knows anything about the car or the man involved in the assault and possible kidnapping call 435.753.7555.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)