Third person charged in 2021 fatal shooting
SALT LAKE CITY —A third person, a 16-year-old male, was charged in connection with the shooting that killed 21-year-old Sean Amone according to the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Sean Amone was killed on June 6, 2021 when police responded to shots fired in the area of 1300 North General Drive. Officers found Amone who was dead, along with four other males with gunshot wounds.
All four victims were transported to area hospitals in critical condition.
According to the release, “suspects fled the scene prior to officers arriving.”
Detectives with Salt Lake City Police Department’s Homicide Squad and Crime Lab and Evidence Unit began an investigation and on June 8, 2021 detectives arrested a 15-year-old male as a suspected shooter in Amone’s death.
The next month detectives booked a then 16-year-old male into metro-area juvenile detention center for a different matter on July 13, 2021. However, during the investigation, detectives in coordination with Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office worked to file charges against the 16-year-old in February of 2022 related to the homicide.
The release states that because the suspect is a minor, no information regarding the exact charges or identity will be released.
“Last month, the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office filed a one-count charging instrument against 19-year-old Felix Issara for his alleged involvement in the Amone homicide. Issara is now in custody,” the release reads.
The shooting of June 6, 2021 is an active investigation and Salt Lake City Police Department will provide regular updates along with victim advocacy and support to the family affected by the shooting.
Anyone with information on this shooting should call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 21-96966.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)