Utah Jazz makes history with all-female broadcast group
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz organization made a splash Friday with their first all-female broadcast during Women’s History Month.
“It’s amazing. We are just here to talk about basketball,” said Olympian and WNBA star Natalie Williams.
The commentator team featured Krista Blunk providing the play-by-play, alongside analysts Holly Rowe and Williams. Kristen Kozlowski joined the studio coverage for the pregame, halftime and postgame shows, with contributions from Jennifer Azzi.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeNews) March 19, 2022
“It’s a very male dominated industry, so you have to put in a little extra had work. But I would say, you can do it!” Blunk said.
The group has strong ties to Utah. Williams and Azzi are former Utah Starz teammates. Rowe is a Brigham Young University and University of Utah alum that got her start in broadcast for BYUtv. And Blunk is a Pac-12 commentator that lives in Utah.
Combined, the women have over 50 years of sports and broadcast experience.
“My hope is that this one game won’t just be one game — it will be something you see on a regular basis,” Blunk said.
— Ryan Smith (@RyanQualtrics) March 19, 2022
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5440)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 5179)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5085)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 2760)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidently falling from balcony (pageviews: 2591)
- Avalanche triggered at Snowbird resort, no injuries reported - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2230)