Lanes restricted through Provo Canyon during construction
UTAH COUNTY — Construction will begin next week on roads in Provo Canyon, and traffic will be limited to one lane each direction for the duration of the work.
UDOT said crews will be replacing the median barrier on U.S. 189 east of Bridal Veil Falls.
PROVO CANYON Alert: Starting 3/21, crews will replace the median barrier on U.S. 189 between mileposts 13 & 14 (east of Bridal Veil Falls). Traffic restrictions (1 lane in each dir.) will be in effect 24/7, through mid-May. @UtahTrucking @UDOTTRAFFIC @SundanceResort @DeerCreekSP pic.twitter.com/ZJNJbWrtNg
— UDOT Region Three (@UDOTRegionthree) March 18, 2022
The agency said the lane restrictions will be in effect 24/7 and are anticipated to last until sometime in May.
The project, said to be for safety improvement, is replacing or adding median barrier throughout the canyon and was paused through winter months.
UDOT is asking drivers to please slow down through the construction zone.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)