One dead, three injured after crash on I-70
EMERY COUNTY, Utah — One person died and three were severely injured Sunday following a crash on Interstate 70 in Emery County.
The incident happened near milepost 158 around 1:46 a.m.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a 2022 white Ford with a single male driver was traveling eastbound on I-70 — while towing a trailer with three vehicles on it — when it pulled off into the right emergency lane.
At one point, an eastbound-moving 2015 silver Kia Sportage, for an unknown reason, drifted into the right emergency lane, according to UHP, and collided with the trailer.
The Kia, which was carrying two adults and two children, sustained “severe frontend damage,” according to UHP. The driver and two children were airlifted to area hospitals with severe injuries, while the front seat passenger died from his injuries at the scene.
UHP officials said the driver of the Ford was not injured.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)