Spanish Fork hires Fire Department, EMS Chief
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A veteran firefighter from Utah County will lead the Spanish Fork Fire and EMS Department.
The city hired Edward Hales to be that new department’s first full-time chief.
The city recently combined EMS and the Fire Department into a single agency.
Hales previously worked for the Pleasant Grove, Lehi, and American Fork fire departments.
“I am very excited to have Eddie serve as Chief of our Fire & EMS department,” City Manager Seth Perrins said. “Eddie has been a great leader in the departments he has served in and will bring a great perspective to Spanish Fork.”
Hales is a decorated fourth-generation firefighter. He graduated from the paramedic program at Utah Valley University and served on the Utah Valley Special Response Team as well as the Utah Task Force 5.
— Spanish Fork City (@SpanishForkCity) March 22, 2022
A news release said Hales holds a degree in fire science from Columbia Southern University and he graduated from the Managing Officer Program at the United States Fire Academy.
While he was with the Lehi department, he was city CERT Coordinator and was named the Firefighter of the Year in 2012.
Hales is also involved in several professional organizations and is on the Utah Firefighter’s Association Board of Directors.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)
- Man arrested for domestic violence after victim calls police under guise to 'order a pizza' (pageviews: 3431)